Statement of Faith
The Learning Connection is a Bible based Christian homeschooling group. We recognize that there are doctrinal differences through out the denominations represented in the Christian community. Although these differences exist, we believe there are certain truths that all Christians uphold and can therefore let us walk in unity as believers. The following statement of faith represents the core beliefs of this community. By signing this statement of faith you are agreeing to understand what this community believes and you are agreeing to not teach any other belief that conflicts with TLC’s core beliefs.
1. The Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God. (II Timothy 3:16).
2. There is one God eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Revelation 1:8). Jesus Christ is God come in the flesh, born of a virgin, being both fully God and fully man, except without sin (John 1:14; Luke 1:26-33).
3. Man is by nature sinful and inherently in need of salvation. Salvation is the free gift of God given to the sinner by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His shed blood (Romans 3:21-24; Acts 4:12; Ephesians 2:8-9).
4. Jesus Christ’s death provided substitutionary atonement for our sins (Hebrews 10:10,12; Galatians 2:20; Hebrews 9:11-15; Isaiah 53).
5. Jesus Christ literally and bodily rose from the dead (Matthew 28:6-7; Mark 16; Luke 24; John 11:25; John 20,21).
6. Jesus Christ will literally come to earth again at the Second Coming (Luke 21:27-28).
7. God is the Creator and His design for people, marriage, and families is perfect. Therefore, we believe marriage is between a man and a women, and gender is biological and should not be changed/reassigned. (Gen 1:27, Gen 5:2, Genesis 1:31, 2 Samuel 22:31, Isaiah 53:6, Jeremiah 10:23, Psalm 139:13, Numbers 23:19, Matthew 19:4, Colossians 1:16, Mark 10:6, 1Timothy 4:4)